Where members volunteer in friendship to serve the community
Members of Inner Wheel uphold THREE objectives:
PROMOTING true friendship
ENCOURAGING the ideals of personal service
FOSTERING international understanding
Achieving Presidential Goals 2022-23
Each Inner Wheel year, the IIW President presents a theme and goals for her members to further the bonds of friendship and serve in unity for a better world. Under the theme “Work Wonders”, the goals are:
- Recruitment of Next Generation Club Members.
- Formation of school or community based Inner Wheel Youth Clubs, wherever allowed or permitted.
- Membership net growth of 20% in the Clubs.
- Five new clubs in the Districts.
- Restore presence of IW in 104 countries.
- Conduct membership summit.
- Making Clubs vibrant.
- Formation of National Governing Bodies.
- Leadership competency identification.
- Developmental onboarding of officers at all levels.
- At year end, Clubs will make a self-assessment of goals and targets accomplishments, to be submitted to their National Representatives.
- On this basis, an IIW Presidential Citation will be presented to the clubs.
- Alignment with UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Women and girls: promotion of health and well being.
- Gender equality and empowerment
- Eradication of poverty.
- Sustained action on hunger and food security.
- Clean water and sanitation.
- Sustained action on climate change.
- Protection of older persons from cybercrimes.
- Combat narcotics and drugs.
- Optimise use of technology in the set up of an IIW Global Network System.
- Online reporting forms.
- Compliance with data privacy and security.
- Accessibility to IIW information within lead time.
- Friendship Link projects across the world: Clubs, Districts and National Governing Bodies.
- IIW Centenary: attendance promotion for Convention 2024.
- Creation of IIW Foundation which will be the funding arm of IIW.
To know more, follow us on Facebook and Instagram.