Guardian Angels of Students
Inner Wheel Clubs in Germany organised an award ceremony in Munich to announce the award recipients of the project "Heroes…Read More
I’d like to share with you some ideas on how we, Inner Wheel members, can give our valuable contribution to achieve more just and equal societies.
There will be four areas of attention:
Health focus will be centered mainly on
• extending healthy life expectancy, and
• ending gender-based violence.
Education focus can leverage on
• inclusiveness and quality education:
• improving female literacy rate expands their employment outcomes, decreases the number of early marriages and improves their health and well-being.
• Another field of action will be harnessing new technologies for digital gender equality and enhancing Science Technology Electronics Mathematics (STEM) studies for women.
Opportunity will focus on:
• increasing women participation in labour force, helping them to get a job or starting a business;
• recognizing and valuing unpaid care and domestic work by providing public services, infrastructures and social protection policies as nationally appropriate;
• asking for wage equality;
• striving for ending of occupational segregation.
Women empowerment can be done through:
• Ensuring women’s participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision-making in political, economic and public life
• Encouraging women to take decisions on their own health care, own earnings and investments;
• Improving financial inclusion and economic awareness;
• Supporting women movements and leadership.
I trust in all and each of us to give our contribution to the promotion of women’ rights, to help women reach gender equality and to fill the gap, through True Friendship, encouraging the ideals of Personal Service and fostering International Understanding.
Thank you for your contribution
In Inner Wheel and personal friendship,
Ebe Panitteri Martines
IIW President 2021-22