Inner Wheel Day 2022 in the Philippines.

Posted by | Feb 17, 2022 |

Operation Paglingap (Operation Care) for the typhoon victims in Lapu-Lapu City and Cebu City by IWCPI.

January 10, 2022 is Inner Wheel Day and Inner Wheel Clubs all over the world are celebrating the significance of the founding of the first Inner Wheel Club in Manchester, England on January 10, 1924 and to honour the memory of Margarette Golding, the founder of Inner Wheel, by performing some acts of service and friendship.

This year's celebration is particularly poignant and meaningful for District 386 having experienced the onslaught of Super Typhoon Odette (International name Typhoon Ri) last December 16, 2021. Twenty days after Typhoon Odette wrought havoc in Metro Cebu and Southern Cebu, causing major to severe damages to their homes, without electricity, water, gasoline, and means of communication.

In the midst of this unfortunate situation and in the context of service to humanity—healing and rebuilding—the Inner Wheel Clubs of the Philippines Inc (“IWCPI”) District 386, in spite of the fact that many of its members are also in the process of recovering, initiated its Operation Paglingap (Operation Care) for the typhoon victims in Lapu-Lapu City and Cebu City. Sacks of rice and gallons of water were distributed to 200 families in Brgy. Soong, Lapu-lapu City and 15 families in Brgy. Sambag, Cebu City.

Present during the activity were District officers led by District Chairman Evelyn Toledo-Dumdum, officers and members from Inner Wheel Club of Cebu Central and Inner Wheel Club of Cebu Lapu-Lapu with Charter President Sunshine Lim and the First Lady of Lapu-Lapu City Madam Cindi Chan.

Heartfelt gratitude to the IWCPI National Board of Trustees IWY 2021-2022, Districts 377, 379, 380, 383, 385 and Inner Wheel Clubs of the Philippines Foundation, Inc. for their support and concern for the situation in Cebu with their immediate response in sending help. Instead of having a Christmas Fellowship, six clubs of District 386 contributed to Operations Paglingap. The teachers and students also extended help by doing the logistics preparation for the venue and identification of beneficiary families.

Khristtine G. Ngo, National Editor

Contributor: Club Secretary Vanessa Ramil